With hurricane season in full swing, Floridians need to prepare appropriately for heavy rain and winds. A homeowner should take the necessary steps to lessen the damage to their house and surrounding property. Even with adequate preparation, home destruction is unavoidable with an intense hurricane.
There are varying levels of hurricanes relating to their sustained wind speed and possible property damage. However, factors such as tornadoes, flooding, rainfall, and storm surges do not play into the rating of a hurricane.
- Category 1- For homeowners experiencing this type of hurricane, they should expect dangerous winds reaching up to 95 miles per hour. A category 1 hurricane can cause large tree branches to snap and possibly overthrow trees that are shallowly rooted. Additionally, homes could experience roof, gutter, shingle, and vinyl siding damage. Power outages lasting up to several days are likely due to power line and pole wreckage.
- Category 2- With wind speeds reaching 110 miles per hour, homeowners should be prepared for extensive damage and repair. Siding and roof damage is prevalent even with well-constructed homes. Shallow-rooted trees could be uprooted or snapped, causing road blockage. Power loss is expected for several days to even weeks.
- Category 3- This degree of a hurricane can bring sustained wind speeds of up to 129 miles per hour, causing devastating damage. Again, even well-built homes are likely to experience destruction. Homeowners have seen complete removal of gable ends and roof decking. One can anticipate road blockage from the many trees that are uprooted and snapped. Water and power outages could last for up to weeks.
- Category 4- This hurricane category can bring sustained wind speeds to up to 156 miles per hour. With such strong winds, there is a potential loss of roof structure and exterior walls. Most trees and power poles in the area will be uprooted and snapped. As a result, power outages may last up to months after the storm. The areas affected will be uninhabitable for some time.
- Category 5- This type of hurricane creates catastrophic damage with wind speeds of greater than 157 miles per hour. Most homes will be destroyed. As with category 4, the area will be uninhabitable for potentially weeks or months after the storm. There will be power outages for months as well.
As you can see, hurricanes come with strong winds and potentially extensive damage. Often during a hurricane, the areas on the edge of the storm experience tornadoes. After a storm has occurred, a homeowner needs to assess the extent of damage that has taken place to both the property and personal belongings. It is important to get in contact with a restoration company as soon as possible. These experienced professionals can provide you with options and advice.
Hurricane Damage Repairs:
If your business or home has experienced hurricane damage, OneRestore can help! We are here to get your life back to normal promptly. We provide all the services you will need to restore your property.
- Inspection and property assessments
- Wind damage repair
- Flood water extraction and dry out
- Structural drying
- Roof repair and replacement
- Mold testing and remediation
- Fire damage restoration
- Reconstruction and remodeling
- Other comprehensive home repairs and cleaning
There is no need to hassle with multiple contractors and bids to handle your restoration. OneRestore can handle all your needs, doing the job right the first time around.
Our company’s emergency response team is available 24/7 to respond to fire, flood, and storm-related damages. Our team has a 60-minute response time and is ready to arrive on the scene as soon as possible. We require no upfront cost when providing a thorough inspection of your property- inside and out! Our company offers our customers a 5-year Limited Warranty.
It is our goal to ensure that all damaged items are included in the report. When handling this part of the process alone, a homeowner often misses items that should be included in their claim. Generally, insurance companies will not allow modifications to a claim after it has been filed. Our storm specialist makes certain that our customers are receiving the appropriate amount to completely restore their homes.
Whether your home or business has undergone major or minor damage, it is best to seek help from experienced professionals. This is essential to avoid bigger issues in the future. With sufficient evidence of damage, homeowners can repair certain parts of their homes at little to no cost.
If you or someone you know has suffered from hurricane or storm damage, contact OneRestore. We pride our business on being a one-stop shop with our outstanding communication and responsiveness. Let us restore you to your pre-loss condition as soon as possible.
The post Hurricane Categories and What to Expect appeared first on OneRestore.
Source: New feed