Experiencing water damage in your home or business place can be stressful. Handling insurance claims with your restoration company for water damage is often a multi-step process. However, there are general guidelines in this article that can help you navigate this situation.
- Contact Your Insurance Company: The first step when you notice that there has been water damage to your property is to notify your insurance company as soon as possible. Your insurance company will provide you with instructions and steps to filing a claim. Information regarding details of the damage and your preferred restoration company will need to be provided.
- Document the Damage: The next essential step is to document the damage. Providing visual evidence by taking photos or videos of the damage is necessary to support your insurance claim. By giving documentation of the extent of the problem, your restoration process can be accurately assessed.
- Chose a Restoration Company: It is crucial to select a reputable restoration company that specializes in water restoration. Do your due diligence by looking over customer reviews, and checking for certifications, licenses, and warranties.
- Coordinate With Your Restoration Company: Communication is key to a smooth process when it comes to insurance claims and restoration. Provide your preferred restoration company with the necessary claim details. Oftentimes, restoration experts with work directly with your insurance adjuster.
- Obtain a Detailed Cost Estimate: After assessing the damage, the restoration company will provide cost estimates and determine the scope of the restoration work including repair costs, labor, materials, and any additional services. Review and approval by your insurance company will be conducted after the estimate is submitted.
- Insurance Policy: It is beneficial to become familiar with your policy coverage, including its deductible and any limitations or exclusions to your damage. Taking the time to review your policy can ensure that you receive appropriate compensation and help navigate discussions and communication with your insurance company.
- Review Your Settlement Offer: A settlement offer will be provided after the insurance company reviews your claim and estimate. Communication with your restoration company after receiving your offer is important to ensure that it adequately covers the expenses and restoration costs.
- Negotiate if Necessary: There are situations in which the offer you receive does not fully cover the damages. In this case, negotiation with your insurance company may be necessary. Further documentation of the damage and evidence to support your case is important if you encounter this scenario.
- Keep Records: Maintaining thorough records throughout the entire process is important for future reference and potential follow-up. Documentation of communication, estimates, and receipts are some of the records that are advised to keep track of.
The steps involved to get your home or business place back to normal after a disaster may seem overwhelming. However, opting for a restoration company that strives to gain customer satisfaction is key.
At OneRestore, we are a One-Stop-Shop that will handle all your restoration needs. There is no need to hassle with multiple contractors. Our team understands and can empathize with the stress involved with this process. Therefore, we work to alleviate that stress by working directly with your provider, communicating with our clients effectively, and getting the job done promptly.
The Water Restoration Process:
- Inspect and Evaluate
- Water Extraction
- Anti-Microbial Application
- Air Movement Drying
- Deep Dehumidifying
- Monitoring and Testing for Moisture and Growth of Mold
If you or someone you know has suffered from water-related damage, OneRestore can help!
Top Ten Reasons to Choose OneRestore:
- There are no up-front costs
- We provide our clients with free estimates
- 24/7 Emergency Contact
- 60-minute response
- Minimum 3-year warranty on all work
- We work with all insurance companies
- Bonded and insured
- We are a One-Stop-Shop- handling all your restoration needs!
- Free inspections
- Locally owned and operated- We are there to help after the disaster
OneRestore offers high-quality water restoration damage services in Ocala, Gainesville, The Villages, Crystal River, St. Augustine, Jacksonville, and Daytona Beach. We want to provide you with the services to get your life back on track as soon as possible. To schedule a free inspection for water damage in your home, contact us!